The historical rigins of the Karoxbostel Watermill, first documentarily mentioned in 1438, have been recorded in detail and very well. They were known to the initiators of the project. Some of the initiators were already experienced in monument protection projects and thus had contacts to conservation authorities and responsible people on municipal level. The original blueprints and design drawings of the mill, dated 1893, the original blueprint of the sawmill, dated 1900 and the conversion plan of the main building, dated 1895 were found during the initial cleanup of the main building. The restoration work was carried out according to these plans. The master miller Franz Rosenkranz and the mill manufacturer Pätzmann of Winsen / Luhe were responsible for the restoration of the milling technology. Pätzmann is the company who erected the mill in 1893.